Thursday, April 16, 2009

Benefits of Napping


Found an article about napping at healthcentral.com. It gives an overview of the benefits (and a few drawbacks) of napping.

Some of the benefits, according to this article, may include:

-Work Performance
-Increased Learning
-Driving Performance
-Increased Energy (duh)


The article also describes how our natural biological clock, insomniacs excluded, is not hindered by napping. In other words, napping shouldn't keep you from falling asleep for the night.

I have a Wheezy Waiter video about the benefits of an afternoon nap.


Do you nap? Does it benefit you? Do you find that it's more difficult to fall asleep at night when you napped during the day?

4 comments:

  1. I find it very hard to sleep at night if I've had a long afternoon nap. If I only have a short nap it's not that bad though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it hard to "cat nap" because it takes me so long to get to sleep. So my idea of a nap turns into 4 hours, which by most people's standards is beyond the definition of a nap. So I (mostly) choose not to nap but power through the day, regardless of how much sleep I got the night before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sometimes nap in the afternoon. It has never made it harder for me to fall asleep, but it has been known to make me more tired (rather than increasing my energy) a few times. I think it helps me be more alert afterwards... at least that is the story I will stick to if questioned.
    The hardest thing about napping is waking up again! I've allways been told that a good nap should be very short, but how do you manage that without someone timing you? Setting an alarm clock doesn't work if you don't know how long it will take to fall asleep.

    /Winterquist

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should probably update your blog :-/ xD

    ReplyDelete